Postcard For Reader

I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You

I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You
By Ally Carter

How can a book so short have such a long title!? My fingers are cramping after typing that... just kidding. I've seen longer, sadly.

I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You, now to be referred to as ITY, is all about the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women. To an outsider, it might sound like one of those preppy, snobby schools. The girls inside know better. They're breaking CIA codes in computer class, chemistry is all about chemical weapons, and it's ordinary to see a broken leg or two from roughhousing in P.E.

Cammie Morgan is a Gallagher Girl, and a legend at that. With her mom as the principal, everybody assumes she knows everything about the school. True, she knows tons of secret passageways, and can speak in fourteen different languages, but that doesn't always mean she's in on the loop.

So when her friends and her sneak out of school one day, she meets up with an ordinary boy - and when they fall for each other, nothing good can come of it... can it? True, she and her friends can track him and spy on him, but in the end, can she love somebody who knows nothing but lies about her?

ITY was a novel that pulled me in from the first page. I won't say it was extraordinarily written, or extraordinarily original, but the characters were unique and I was able to relate to them. Cammie's experiences varied from funny to embarrassing (but still funny), and the story itself was interesting. I can't wait to read the sequel!

ITY or Sloppy Firsts?: ITY and Sloppy Firsts are similar in their age group and that they are both funny, but the spy novel versus the regular girl with problems is vastly different. I'd say Sloppy Firsts is something to read if you're looking for a long term series to get hooked on, while ITY is a wonderful read if you want something short and fun.

Rating: 9/10, because it was great but could have been better.

Happy reading!

~Nicole