Postcard For Reader

Twilight: The Movie

Twilight
Directed by Catherine Hardwicke
Based off of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight

Yeah, that's not the official movie poster, but I like that one so much better!

I loved it. It had it's faults, but overall, it was a great adaption... so here's an actor-by-actor and 'special effects' analysis of the movie. ^^

Kristin Stewart as Bella: An overall good performance. Some of her lines could have been delivered better, but I never saw her as Kristin Stewart, only as Bella. Her voice was a bit deep for my liking at the beginning, but after a while, you get used to it.

Robert Pattinson as Edward: Can somebody say hot hot hot? Honestly, he did a fantastic job. Some of his lines could have been delivered better as well, but he really got Edward's sexiness down, along with the whole "I love you I want to kill you."

Billy Burke as Charlie Swan: Kristin and Billy actually looked like they could be related, which helped. I really liked the job he did with Charlie - he got the whole quiet, protective dad bit down really well.

Ashley Greene as Alice Cullen: I really love her. She's got Alice Cullen's quirkiness down pat and she looks the part! Her lines were delivered great, and when she went into that one trance in the hotel room when she pictures the ballroom, it really looked like a trance, not just like she was staring ahead.

Nikki Reed as Rosalie Hale: I had had my doubts about her - apparently, she got in because she knew the director and she wasn't as pretty as I pictured Rosalie. Then I actually watched her and I really liked her! She played the stuck up Rosalie really well, even to the point where I was able to sympathize because Bella was putting her whole family at risk.

Jackson Rathbone as Jasper Hale: Until the baseball scene, I didn't really liked the way he looked, but he got the rest of Jasper's demeanor down really well.

Kellan Lutz as Emmett Cullen: He's the perfect Emmett, from looks to acting to everything. (Look for him in the Cullen's kitchen scene. Best Emmett moment in the whole movie.)

Peter Facinelli as Carlisle Cullen: Some reviews had said he was creepy, but I didn't think he was. Sure, he had some acting problems at times, but I always saw him as Carlisle. His hair was too yellow in some shots, though. Hehe.

Cam Gigadent as James: Great abs. Sorry. Anyway... I liked him as James, but I didn't love him. He could have done sooooo much better at some parts, and he didn't. 'nuff said.

... yes, I'm still going. I said in depth!

Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black: I liked him as Jacob - nothing special, and I don't really like Jacob anyway - until I saw him come to the prom to warn Bella. /Then/, suddenly, it clicked as to why Bella might like him in New Moon. Very sexy shot. Besides that, his acting was great for his role, but, once again, I didn't see anything special.

Anna Kendrick, Michael Welch, and Justin Chon as Jessica Stanley, Mike Newton, and Eric Yorkie (Respectively): All of them did really well. Anna got Jessica's over preppiness down pat, Michael actually looks like he would be a golden retriever, and Justin was great as the popular nerd of the group.

Christian Serratos and Gil Birmingham as Angela Weber and Billy Black (Respectively): Both did great jobs. The stare down between Edward and Billy was great; both actors really took that hatred and wariness to another level. Christian as Angela was perfect - she really got her down pat.

Elizabeth Reaser as Esme Cullen: I loved her as Esme! I really think she did a great job with the whole role.

Ed Gathegi as Laurent: I hadn't pictured Laurent as African, but whatever. He did a fantastic job for the few shots I saw of him.

Rachelle Lefevre as Victoria: I can't wait to see her in the third movie because of her facial expression at the end of that last scene - you'll know what I mean when you see it. Probably one of the best characters that changed in appearance a bit, but she really stuck to the personality.

And special effects!

Speed & Strength: Average. It was nothing great - a lot of the speed was done in slow mo, but I enjoyed it. The vampire baseball game was fun!

Sparkling: Okay, it was cheesy. But let's face it, was there any way to make that look real? It could have been a lot worse than it was.

And favorite scenes...

Favorite Scene: The three seconds where they had Bella fantastive about Edward biting her neck. Ooooooomigod. Loved it. XD And the prom scene at the end was really sweet - it changed a lot, but still.

Favorite line: "What a sick, masochistic lion." Rob as Edward delivered it really well.

Favorite Missed Line: Stupid, shiny Volvo owner. Come on, I love that line!

Favorite Missed Scene: The scene where he brings her to the nurse's office after she faints at the blood typing. Granted, it wasn't the most important scene, but I loved it!

I think that's all I have to say. -pause- For now...

Have fun at the movies!

~Nicole