Postcard For Reader

Cleopatra's Daughter

INTERVIEW WITH TONY DITERLIZZI. TOMORROW. BE HERE.

Cleopatra's Daughter
Michelle Moran

Marc Antony. Cleopatra. One of the greatest, most tragic love stories of all time.

Now, we learn of the fate of their children.

Selene is just one of the Cleopatra's children; her twin brother Anthony and her are Cleopatra's "moon and sun". These are titles they must bear as their mother takes their own life, as they and their siblings are swept away to Rome by Octavian, as they find their way in Rome's politics. What exactly will become of the moon and sun?

I love this story.
Er, I mean, the little I read of it.

Michelle Moran is a fantastic writer. Her description, characterization - her writing was flawless. As a storyteller, though, Moran has one major flaw. Everything takes forever to happen. We spend the first chapter and a half (I'm estimating) for Octavian to show up. Another chapter and a half for the next event. Another chapter and a half...

... you get my point.

I loved the idea of the plot; I loved her writing. But the book went to slow, and at a time where my to be read pile needs to be whipped like an unruly lion back into it's corner, I don't have the desire to read it. It doesn't call to me to be picked back up. It doesn't capture my attention.

Fantastically written for my poor attention span.

Perhaps I'll pick it up at another time.

Peace, love, papyrus.

~Nicole