Postcard For Reader

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Anybody who knows me knows of my unhealthy obsession with Pirates of the Caribbean and, mainly, Jack Sparrow.

Needless to say, when they announced that they were making a fourth Pirates, with JDepp on board as Jack, with the focus primarily on Jack - well. I was ecstatic.

Then the name - On Stranger Tides - was announced. I was even more excited. Sound epic, right?

Then, while shelving books at the library about a month ago, I found this.
<-------------------------- I yank it out of the bookshelf and quickly look at the summary.
"Join us," said the pirate captain Philip Davies, "wholly adopt our goals as your own, or be killed right now where you stand."

Puppeteer John Chandagnac, who was sailing to Jamaica to get revenge on the uncle who had stolen his father's inheritance, has no choice but to to join the buccaneers who have taken him prisoner - and soon, now known as the pirate Jack Shandy, he finds himself learning to survive in a treacherous new world of cutlass-fights, sea-battles, and voodoo magic on sun-blinded tropical islands. The legendary Blackbeard is assembling a ruthless navy or pirates living and undead to voyage to the fabled Fountain of Youth, and Jack Shandy must use magic, swordsmanship, and even his puppeteer skills to free himself and the girl he has fallen in love with from Blackbeard's deadly supernatural domination.
Quoted directly from the inside flap of the novel.

Change a few things and it sounds a lot like the summary Disney first released.

So yesterday, I Googled it.

And well-ah.

There is an article from September 12 that found the same idea I did. [[link]] How interesting.

I'll keep you informed as more things come about!