Postcard For Reader

Post #500

-points to title-

On a completely other note, let's talk about characters.

Because they're a rather important part of the story.

What I Don't Like Character-Wise
Omigod, like really!?
The ditzy best friend/friend/girl in the story
She's unnecessary and just annoying. Kill her off - actually, just never write her in in the first place.

Weasley!
Red headed characters
How many red heads have we seen since the Potter books? It's fine if it's a background character, but really, guys. Enough is enough. You can't top the Weasleys.

You look familiar...
Stereotypical characters
Tall, dark, handsome; short, nerdy, but cute; silent but deadly; snarky heroine.

Really? REALLY!?

Nom.
Vampire
Yes, they're fun to read about. But unless you're going to write something as original as Vampire Academy, I don't want to read it. (And no. They're not supposed to sparkle.)

Mwah!
Book sluts
Yes, Zoey, from House of Night, I'm talking to you. I don't want to read about you being with three guys at the same time. You're not Jacky Faber; you're not in love with one guy and just happen to be a famazingly well developed character whose the hippie of the pirate age when it comes to kisses.

Oh. Tear.
The character that gets depressed so the plot can go where it wants
Also known as the Bella's uberly depressed because a guy broke up with her, Stephenie Meyer time skip.

I LOVE -dies-
The character that needs to be killed off... because, um... we're note sure, actually
Sure, Sirius Black was awesome and died a death that made a point. Sure, Dumbledore and Voldemort were relevant. Yes, throw in a few killings to make it more - wait. Hold on. There go half of the important characters in the story...

... must I keep going? I probably could, actually, but I wrote this last night and feel so tired I'm about to fall asleep where I am. So. Here. -hands a post

~Nicole

PS: Good Golly Miss Molly, you won this week's contest! Shoot me an email, please.