Postcard For Reader

Friday - Alyson Noel

We've all seen her books. They've been on the New York Times bestsellers list. They seem to be in every library known to man. I've even seen advertisements for them in magazines.

And now I'm proud to introduce the one. the only.

Alyson Noel, everybody!

She's the author of The Immortals series, Fly Me To The Moon and some other books. She runs a blog and - let's face it. She's just generally awesome.

N: Welcome, welcome, my dear Alyson! Let's start simple - which, of all the books you've written so far, has been your favorite?
A: My favorite book is always the one I'm currently working on--I just love the process of writing and creating! But looking back on all of my books, I'd probably say EVERMORE because even though it was born out of a time of grief, I was able to take those emotions and turn it into something positive.

N: Writing is a good therapy, I think. How does it feel, having /fans/?!
A: Amazingly surreal! I feel so lucky to have such nice, generous, wonderful readers and I'm incredibly grateful for them!

N: Aw. We feel loved! So you've lived in a gazillion different places. Okay, three. Do you prefer the OC, Greece, or Manhattan?
A: Hmmm, tough choice since they all have something wonderful to offer. But if pressed, I'd probably pick the OC because if offers some beautiful beaches like Greece, and good restaurants and shopping like Manhattan!

N: What's your favorite song on your Evermore playlist?
A: FADE INTO YOU--there's just something so dreamy about it!

N: On your site, you have the instructions for how to read auras. What color is your aura?
A: I've never seen my own aura, but I imagine it to be blue!

N: It would suit you. Now, on your site, you say, "If I could go back in time I would travel to Renaissance Florence—but only if I could bring my modern day grooming habits with me!" What would be your ideal outfit to wear from that time era? (And I, too, would go back in time to there in a second.)
A: Oh, such a good question! Well, I'd want to be dressed in the finery of the day, which I imagine to be a beautiful, square necked gown, with a tight bodice, flowing skirt, and sleeves trimmed with lace and jewels!

N: I adore bodices, though I'm a corset girl myself. (I'd be a bit off on the time period if I wore that, though!) On the mention of outfits, every girl needs good arm candy. Who's your dream guy? Besides your husband, of course. *cough*
A: Well, it's actually a tie between Richard Branson (owner of the Virgin companies) and Bono of U2 fame. They're both rebels, trailblazers, big dreamers, and they do some amazing philanthropic work to help others. Oh, and I happen to think they're both pretty cute too!

N: Every girl loves a good rebel. Now, most importantly... what present do you want the most this holiday season?
A: Same thing I ask for every holiday season--not to be cliche, but if someone could ever, finally, deliver World Peace, I'd be a happy camper! But aside from that, my husband and I have agreed to donate to Heifer International in each other's names. We get little gifts for each other all year long, so during the holidays, we like to pay it forward.

Thanks for stopping by, Alyson! It was lovely having you.
You can pick Alyson's books up at any online bookstore or at your local bookstore. They make great last minute presents!