Postcard For Reader

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day, everybody!

Normally, I'd launch into a 'This is a commercial holiday!' speech. Except, as I sit here writing this, I'm in a deliriously happy mood. When I'm happy, I'm lovey.

So I figure, why not write an uber long post - because I love many things - about things I love? (Family and friends aside, of course, because we all already know I adore them. And you followers/readers. Because you ROCK, and I love you.)

Be it characters, books, announcements, songs, movies, people - if I absolutely love it, it'll be in here.

Let the lovin' begin!
PS: Comments are also LOVE! Tell me things you love! Tell me if you hate something I love, or love something I love! But it's all about the love.

Mr. Darcy

"If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on. "

I have loved many characters, and my interpretations of characters. Never has every interpretation made me squee. So my first love goes to Mr. Darcy - for being the ideal man, no matter who portrays him. The picture is Colin Firth, from the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice - which leads me to my next love.

BBC Films
They're just so bloody accurate! And pretty! And well done! I've loved every one I've seen.

The Hunger Games Book Covers
I'm a cover whore and I am proud. I'm a cover whore and I am proud. I am a cover whore and I am proud!

But who can't love these covers? With the cover (and name!) to Mockinjay unveiled, I can't help but squee. They're so pretty. I adore them.

Johnny Depp
I love this man.

That is all.

(Favorite role? Cap'n Jack Sparrow.)

Kristin Chenoweth
Who wouldn't love her!? She's a 4'11" bundle of fun - and she's uber talented. She was the original Glinda in Wicked; she's guest starred on Glee; she's recorded three fantastic albums. Some of you might know her as Olive from Pushing Daisies.

She's just generally amazing. Take a listen - looooooove.

Ridiculous Quotes
I adore quotes. Most any quotes, really. I quote things all the time.
But funny, ridiculous quotes are my favorite - like some of the following.

"When writing a novel, that's pretty much entirely what life turns into: 'House burned down. Car stolen. Cat exploded. Did 1500 easy words, so all in all it was a pretty good day.'" - Neil Gaiman

"Ah. Well. You can also have a lot of warning with hurricanes. Although they're becoming more frequent with global warming. Tsunamis are just like - oh look big wa AHHH!" - my friend Megan

"Now I'm going to be emo. -starts stabbing self with rubber spoon- IT'S NOT WORKING." - Megan (again)

"I can't think of a job in which this wouldn't be useful! ... except gravedigging. " - my theater teacher

My Bookcase
You've seen it. You understand why I adore it.

Various Book Characters
Jacky Faber & Alexia Tarrabotti & Lord Maccon & Puck & Mr. Rochester & Jane Eyre & Bertie & the faeries & Dustfinger & Rhiannon & Rose & Dimitri & Katniss & Robinton & Lessa &...

Should I keep going? I do love so very many things...