Postcard For Reader

Movie Recommendation: Easy A

This is a book blog. What does a MOVIE have to do with us?

Hang on in there, folks. I'll tell ya.

I've wanted to see Easy A since I saw the first trailer for it. I mean, a modern day (fake) version of The Scarlet Letter that looked REALLY funny. How could it go wrong?

So on Sunday night, I went to see it. I was NOT disappointed.

First off: It's funny. And not just stupid funny, though it had it's moments. It has sarcastic humor and actual genuine literary humor. Yes. There are jokes involving classic books (not just The Scarlet Letter!) thrown throughout the movie. The Huckleberry Finn joke was my favorite.

Secondly: It's well done. The plot as a whole, how they organized it - it was a perfect example of today's society as well as being an awesome movie.

Thirdly: It's got some hot guys. Just saying.

GO SEE THIS. It's worth the money. I'd ramble more about how I liked it, but I don't want to ruin it for you.