Postcard For Reader

My Top Read Authors

Kristi over at The Story did this a while back; thanks to Goodreads, you can find out who your top read authors are - that is, what authors you've read the most of.

I knew what the first one would be, and I guessed at quite a few that came after that. (If you're interested in find out out who yours are, just go to your Goodreads page [friend me!] and go to my books. On the right hand side of the page is a little link saying 'most read authors.')

One: Anne McCaffrey
Number of books read: 46

Um. Yeah. This number is actually accurate, seeing as I own all 46 that I've read (plus some that I have yet to read.) She wrote the DragonRiders of Pern series, which I absolutely adore. Oh, and the Tower and the Hive series, which I love. And the Petaybee series is kind of awesome. Ooo, can't forget the Crystal Singer series...

Two: Robert Jordan
Number of books read: 14

I find it funny that the top two authors are both adult fantasy/sci-fi authors, especially considering how much YA I read. Jordan is the author of the Wheel of Time series, which is on it's 14th book, each the size of the largest Harry Potter novel. Maybe larger. They're HUGE. And I've read them all.

Three: Eoin Colfer
Number of books read: 9

Although I've read a few of Eoin's other novels, I absolutely adore his Artemis Fowl series - it's one of the few series that I run out and pick up the new one every time they're released. I mean, his non-Artemis stuff is good, too, but I love me some Artemis Fowl.

Four: Suzanne Collins
Number of books read: 8

Okay, okay. Half of you are wondering how I've read 8 of Suzanne's books because you only associate her with the superfab Hunger Games. But I read her other series - Gregor the Overlander - a few years before she churned out The Hunger Games, and I'm working on owning all of them. If she publishes again, this number will go up; I'll read anything this woman writes.

Five: Erin Hunter
Number of books read: 8

Since Erin Hunter is three people writing together, should I divide the number of books by three? Naaaaah.

Erin writes the Warriors series and the new(ish) Seekers series, and I finished the first part of the Warriors series + some. Eventually I plan on reading all of them (the cats just kick ass) so this number should skyrocket within the next few years.

Six: L.A. Meyer
Number of books read: 8

He wrote the Bloody Jack series.

I will never NOT read a Bloody Jack book. I adore them.

Seven: Raymond E. Feist
Number of books read: 7

Another adult fantasy author - I can blame my dad for getting Anne and him on the list; you can't expect to leave a bibliophile boxes of adult fantasy books and not have her read them. He usually slips my mind while I'm making recommendations, but his Empire series is one of my favorite things to reread.

Eight: J.K. Rowling
Number of books read: 7

Seven Harry Potter books.
Seven books read.
Makes sense, right?

Nine: T.A. Barron
Number of books read: 6

That number is WRONG. That's according to Goodreads, which I must now go update. See, his Lost Years of Merlin series has five books alone. (It's awesome. Read it.) And I've read Tree Girl AND his Great Tree of Avalon series, so he should be up higher on the list. I also plan on reading the other Fincayara-based series he came out with, so he'll get even higher.

Ten: Ellen Hopkins
Number of books read: 5

Ellen is the only author I really enjoy who writes poetic prose. (I don't remember the right phrase for it.) She's just bloody brilliant.

Who are YOUR top ten?