Postcard For Reader

Friday Fronts - Withering Tights

I'm ridiculously excited for Withering Tights to come out. Not just because it's by Louise Rennison and it has a superfantabulous description, but because my sister absolutely adored the Georgia Nicholson series.

I think part of it is that I don't really like pink on covers for some reason; not because it's a 'girly' cover, but because I think you have to use pink excellently for it to work. It's okay here, but nothing special. And as cute as the random images all over the cover are, I prefer a cover that focuses on a single theme or image, even if it does pull aspects from different parts of the book together.

The one thing I never loved about the Georgia Nicolson series were the covers (the new versions weren't bad, but I still wasn't a huge fan). They stuck out, yes, and they tied in well with the book, but I wouldn't want to frame them up on my wall.

So I'm not a huge fan of the Withering Tights cover, but I'm super excited for the book itself. What about you?

[EDIT]
Somebody pointed out that this is the British one. This is the American one:

I like this one a LOT better than the one above. It's cleaner and simpler, and I love the "fabric" on the cover. The positioning of the own and the legs are awesome. I like that one enough to actually add to my "favorites" on my covers list; it's very well done. (And I love the font!)