Postcard For Reader

Married With Zombies

Married With Zombies
Author: Jesse Petersen
Series: Living With The Dead (#1)
Publisher: Orbit
How Received: BEA10

Meet Sarah and David.

Once upon a time they met and fell in love. But now they're on the verge of divorce and going to couples' counseling. On a routine trip to their counselor, they notice a few odd things - the lack of cars on the highway, the missing security guard, and the fact that their counselor, Dr. Kelly, is ripping out her previous client's throat.

Meet the Zombies.

Now, Sarah and David are fighting for survival in the middle of the zombie apocalypse. But, just because there are zombies, doesn't mean your other problems go away. If the zombies don't eat their brains, they might just kill each other.
Buy | Borrow | Brush Off
Okay, technically, Married with Zombies is not a young adult book. In no way, shape or form is it directed towards teens. It's a quick, humorous read designed for adults.

Of course, saying that something is designed for adults has never stopped me from reading or reviewing it before, especially something that actually made me laugh out loud.

I don't really like zombies; I never have. Out of all the paranormal things to read or watch, they were the one thing I never really got into. I mean, sure, I liked Zombieland, but that's the only thing that I can remember genuinely liking involving zombies.

Maybe it was the humor. I mean, I know that's why I liked Married with Zombies. The characters were realistic but hilarious; they had me laughing out loud, even at the more somber moments - one sarcastic comment and I was giggling again. It takes a lot for any book to make me do that, and a zombie book especially, I think.

Also, the tag line - "The couple who slays together stays together" - was enough to make me love the book. It's so perfect!

Final Comments: If you like zombies - or only kind of like them - read them. You'll laugh out loud.