Postcard For Reader

Interview: Miranda Kenneally

Miranda Kenneally, debut author of the upcoming Catching Jordan is swinging by today for an interview!

And by "upcoming" I mean "this comes out tomorrow."

What girl doesn’t want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn’t just surrounded by hot guys, though—she leads them as the captain and quarterback on her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that’s just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there’s a new guy in town who threatens her starring position on the team…and has her suddenly wishing to be seen as more than just a teammate.

Now, this is a tour post - and as part of the tour, Miranda only gets to answer the questions with lines from the book. Why, yes, I DID have fun with this.

Nicole: Welcome to WORD, Miranda! Since the tour rules dictate that you can only answer these questions using lines from the book, this shall be fun. Let's start with an easy one: how are you feeling right now.
Miranda Kenneally: I feel like I could simultaneously fly and barf.

N: ... ew. What is your favorite line from the book? (Haha!)
MK: Our first kiss explodes like mixing soda and pop rocks.

N: I like that. Can you describe the book for us?
MK: Who ever knew throwing a perfect spiral would be simple compared to dealing with guys?

N: I assume you've read Harry Potter. A hippogriff is attacking you. What do you do?
MK: I’m still running at full speed, so I crash into him, catapulting him into a ditch.

N: You're told your book is banned in libraries. How do you react?
MK: “Damn it!” I say, standing and marching out of the locker room.

N: This is way too much fun. Batman appears at your door. What do you say to him?
MK: I’m thinking of getting a Chinese character tattooed, like right above my butt.

N: I am dying to read this book now. Okay, hmm... let's wrap this up. Which one of your characters is your favorite? (Hmm. You may have to be creative with this one.)
MK: With his tan skin and emerald eyes, Henry is an extremely cute guy, and it occurs to me how many girls at school would love to find themselves in a potting shed with him.

Are you as excited to read this as I am? You can read an excerpt here.