Postcard For Reader

Debut December: Fantastical Fantasy Covers

What, you didn't think I was going to last all of Debut December without being a cover whore at least once, did you?

Brave New Worlds week is the PERFECT week for me to go gaga over some of next year's covers. Though not all the debuts have covers yet (but boy, am I excited to see some of them), I can still go flailworthy over some of the gorgeous covers we have so far!

Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

Maybe it's because I'm a dork who is absolutely obsessed with masks, but gah! I love this one so much! There's something very striking about the model they chose - she has very strong features; it draws you in. The mask is oh-my-god-gorgeous. I want it as a mask of my own. (I'd find something to match it, I swear.)

I'm not a big fan of the font and the placement of the title, but I think that's just because I love the background image too much to really think about how it should actually look!

Struck by Jennifer Bosworth

I like how this cover is dark, but it doesn't play on the "sad girl in pretty dress" syndrome that's seemingly everywhere. Instead, she's in a dynamic pose, seemingly in control of the surroundings around her - and it's mostly a silhouette, with just the hint of lighting; the focus is on the background, where the lightning is flashing down.

I love the simplicity of the font for the title on this one; it fits really well in with everything!

Article 5 by Krisen Simmons

Anybody who knows me knows I adore Tor and all of their covers because they always tie into the story - ninety nine percent of the time, it's an actual scene from the story itself. And besides that, they're gorgeous.

And Article 5 seems to be no exception, which makes me ridiculously happy. Besides, look at how they incorporated the title! It's awesome!

Above by Leah Bobet

I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it.

It's perfect. The fonts, the colors, the model, the wings, the silhouetted town. Definitely my favorite cover of all of the debuts, and the one I want most as a poster.

What do you guys think, HMM?