Postcard For Reader

Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book

I missed this one a few weeks back and just couldn't resist picking it up on a freebie day! (You know, for Top Ten Tuesday.)

If I know an author I love has another novel coming out, I didn't include them on the list. It doesn't mean I don't want their book any less! (That's why Gail Carriger, Libba Bray, T.A. Barron, Laurie Halse Anderson and Alexandra Bracken haven't made the list! ... consider them honorable mentions.)

10. J.K. Rowling
Rowling made nearly every blogger's list. Now that Harry Potter's over (and Pottermore's a bore), we're clinging onto the edge of our seats waiting for the next book of hers to come out. She did say she was writing something, after all. Let's face it: if she released a collection of her grocery lists, we'd probably read it.

09. Suzanne Collins
Another author who made nearly every list, Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games left a lot of people craving more of her writing. To be fair, I've been craving more of her writing ever since I finished the first Gregor the Overlander book - I've eaten up her work since the beginning; I can't get enough! It would be lovely if she would publish something new. Or just get a new website layout. One of the two.

08. Maggie Stiefvater
I have full confidence in Maggie releasing another book at some point eventually in her life. I don't know when it will be or what it will be about, but I can guarantee you that after loving the romantic werewolves that was Shiver, the tear-trading fairies in Lament, or the homicidal horses in The Scorpio Races, I'll probably love whatever she puts out next just as much.

07. Eilis O'Neal
Eilis O'Neal has exactly one book published at the moment: The False Princess. Which I loved. The world and the characters and the plot were all absolutely fantastic, and I have no idea if she plans on writing another book or if it's being set in the same world or what. But I'd really like another one by her!

06. Anne McCaffrey
Sadly, this one will never happen as Anne passed away earlier in the year. And though she has written dozens upon dozens of books, most of her work focused on her Pern series - I would love to have seen at least one new world come from her on top of the world of Petaybee and the worlds in the Rowan series and all of her other brilliant worlds. Maybe I'm just greedy, though.

05. L.A. Meyer
L.A. Meyer IS writing another book, so technically he shouldn't be on the list - Jacky Faber isn't done yet! - but I really want him to write something once the Bloody Jack series is over. I want something new from him, some other new brilliant character maybe in some other new brilliant world.

04. Clive Barker
Clive Barker is amazing. His Abarat series is one of the most well-hidden and best written fantasies in the YA world. (though, I do admit, completely twisted. And also completely awesome.) The last one in the trilogy (I think) just came out a while ago. But I don't know if he plans on writing more, because he's also a director-producer-scriptwriter-painter and is fantastic at ALL of those things. A girl can hope, right?

03. Eoin Colfer
The last Artemis Fowl book is about to come out, and I have NO IDEA what else Eoin is writing. Not at all. To be fair, he is probably writing another book about something somewhere, but I have no idea what it is. I can only hope it's another awesome fantasy series or another fantasmagorical stand-alone like The Supernaturalist.

02. Lisa Mantchev
Since I have the absolute honor of being Facebook friends with Lisa, I know she's writing another novel - with steampunk and awesomeness, which makes me want it - but I have no idea if it's been picked up or anything. Besides, Lisa will always be on my list of writers I need more books from. After the fabulousness that is the Theatre Illuminata series, she's made my must-read list!

01. David Clement-Davies
Nobody seems to have read David's books, which are a shame, as they are all FABULOUS. I've read nearly every one (I'm only missing The Telling Pool, which I own, and the one that was only published in Britain) and they're all absolutely fantastic. I keep craving more of his work and I wish he had a bigger fanbase - perhaps we would get some that way!

On an unrelated note, I hadn't seen a picture of him until I looked it up for this post. He's cute, too. I regret nothing about this observation.

Who would make your top ten?