Postcard For Reader

Friday Fronts - Destiny's Fire

Ah, Destiny's Fire. I can't talk about the official cover without talking about the original cover, can I?

Destiny's Fire has one official cover, but before that happened, they released THIS. And nobody wanted THIS, and it's clear why.

It looks like somebody threw together a bunch of photoshop things, smacked some text on, and went, "Here, we have a cover!" There's no thought that went into it; the colors are icky; the cover, sadly, just doesn't appeal.

But hey, they fixed it to this!

I like it a lot - I like how they incorporated the steampunk elements. I don't understand the pose that the girl is in, but I'll let it slide in exchange for the corset/goggles. The text is incorporated MUCH better.

But it's a lot less gender-neutral than the first one is; I'm all for wanting boys to pick up covers with are pink, but you could have stuck with the blues and made it a little more friendly to those who aren't exactly inclined towards pink.

Also, as I hate the color pink on covers anyway, it makes me wrinkle my nose a bit.

What do you think?