Postcard For Reader

Waiting on Wednesday: Slated

Because we all have something we're waiting for.

Slated
Author: Teri Terry
Series: Slated (#1)
Release Date: 3 May 2012

Sixteen-year-old Kyla has been 'slated': all of her past memories erased, her entire personality wiped blank. She has been assigned a new name, a new date of birth and even new parents. The government that did this to her claim she was a terrorist, and that she has been given a second chance. But Kyla knows that the government has been lying. Without her memories, how will Kyla ever find the truth? And if her old self is really and truly dead, then what are the terrifying images that still haunt her dreams?

Despite having the most arguably horrid name in the history of author names, I'm interested in Teri Terry's new book. (Seriously, who names their child that!? I hope it's a pen name, or that poor childhood...)

I like the sound of the novel, though. It reminds me of an inverted version of the movie HANNA that came out a while back (at least from the trailers; I never saw the movie). I just hope that Kyla will end up kicking ass and taking names.