Postcard For Reader

The Hunger Games: Capital Couture Nail Polish

I'm one of those girls that nearly always has their nails painted. I used to get mani-pedis regularly (and then my nail place burned down. Don't ask). I paint my nails myself and I get them painted by my friend Lauren, who's a goddess when it comes to nail art.

When the lovely people at Lionsgate announced that one of the tie-in pieces of merchandise would be Capital Couture nail polish, I was curious. VERY curious. And once they released the colors, oh, did I want it.

But I usually think $7 is too much to spend on a piece of clothing, never mind nail polish.

Until, of course, I ran into Hot Topic before going to see The Hunger Games movie and happened to spy some of the bottles. I couldn't resist. Though I was craving for District 5's color, Power -- appropriate, since that's where they placed me in the Capitol website -- they didn't have it, so I left with District 11's Agro.

I'd buy it again.

It's probably one of the best polishes I've ever seen. The color is gorgeous - darker in the shade, sparkling and beautiful in the sunlight - and it only needs one (one!!!) coat to really come through. It takes a few minutes to dry properly, but only needing one coat kind of makes up for that, doesn't it!?

Love it.

Do you have any of the Capitol Couture colors?