Postcard For Reader

Quotables

I've been browsing Goodreads and a lot of other blogs lately and it's reunited me with my love of certain quotes. I thought I'd share them with you -- if you haven't read the books they're from, maybe they'll encourage you to read them!

Some of them will be some that I've seen some lovin' for recently, and some you will have never heard at all, perhaps. If you like the quote, click the book to be brought to the Goodreads page!

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

"A girl what's born for hangin' ain't likely to be drowned.

"You don't forget the face of the person who was your last hope."

"Nature didn't need an operation to be beautiful. It just was."

"I'm not going to wear a red dress," she said.

"It would look stunning, My Lady," she called.

She spoke to the bubbles gathered on the surface of the water. "If there's anyone I wish to stun at dinner, I'll hit him in the face."

"Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly."

"Who are you?" he asked.

"I am the future queen of the world, at the very least. You may refer to me as Mistress Koboi for the next five minutes. After that you may refer to me as Aaaaarrrgh, hold your throat, die screaming and so on."

"She's under duress," Peaseblossom said.

"I don't care if she's under duress, over it, or alongside it," Moth said. "Nothing in this world supersedes cake."

"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again."

These are just a handful of my favorites. Are these any of your favorites? And be sure to share some of your favorite quotes in the comments!