Postcard For Reader

Top Ten Books I Won't Be Reading

And I'm not sorry about it.

Note: Before the offended comments come in, I have nothing against any of the authors -- in fact, I love some of them! -- it's just that these books aren't going to be anything I pick up anytime soon, no matter who tells me to read them.

10. Fify Shades of Grey by E.L. James
From what I understand, it's like Twilight, except with shittier writing, characters who are loved despite thinly veiled threats of rape, and poorly written sex scenes. Thanks, but no thanks.

9. The rest of the House of Night series
I read the first one ages ago and I just remember that the main character was awfully polyamorous, and the writing wasn't that great, and Vampire Academy was much more interesting.

8. Anything written by Lauren Oliver
It's not that I think it's bad. Actually, I hear it's good. I've never really heard anything bad against it. But for some strange reason I feel no urge whatsoever to read her novels. None at all.

7. The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa
I love, love, love the Iron Fey series. But fantasy and sci-fi series have a tendency to be dragged on a little too long, and while the books about Ethan may be interesting, I feel like Meghan and Ash's story should have ended one book sooner. They could have -- and should have -- stayed apart. But that's just an opinion thing.

6. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
I've heard a lot of decent things about it. I've also heard that encourages rape culture. Besides, I can't stand angels.

5. The rest of the Mortal Instruments series
I read the first one. According to my review, I love it. In reality, I no longer remember a thing about it except that there's a character named Jace and a character named Clary. I had the second one in my possession for a while, but I've never felt a need to read it.

4. The rest of the Chronicles of Narnia series
I adore the movies. The world, the characters, it's all fantastic. But C.S. Lewis' writing style makes me want to take a frying pan and smack myself in the head.

3. The rest of the His Dark Materials trilogy
I've read the first one several times, and every time I love it until the last scene. For some reason, I can't stand the ending, so I won't be picking up the rest of the series.

2. Anything written by Sarah Dessen
For some reason, I have never felt an incentive to read Sarah Dessen. I have a strange feeling she's the YA equivalent of Nicholas Sparks. And I feel no need to read him, either.

1. Many other books that have bad covers that make me not want to look at them.
... just saying.

What books out there will you not be reading?