Postcard For Reader

Friday Fronts - City of a Thousand Dolls

My love for this cover knows no bounds, to the point that I want it as a small 9 x 12 poster for my room.

Why?

Oh, let me count the ways!

First, there's no focus on a face character. Yes, the main character is chillin' in the background, but I get to make my own idea of what she looks like.

Secondly, THAT CHARACTER. Rather than get a girl in an overly sexualized pose or nearly dead or in a pretty dress (or all three), we get a girl silhouetted by light wielding weapons in a strong, powerful stance. How many times do you see that on a YA cover, hmm?

Thirdly, the image itself is just gorgeous. The symbols at the bottom, the lions curling out of the sides, the girl -- they all give a good idea of the kind of book we're going to be reading. (A bad-ass one.)

And the font? And the placement? It's all perfect.

Flawless cover. Flawless. Mad props to whoever designed this, because I may be in love with them.