Postcard For Reader

Friday Fronts: Prodigy

For once, I like the cover of a sequel better than the original.

Now, the cover of Legend (right) isn't terrible. It's simple, which is good, but nothing particularly stands out to me.

Nothing in particular stands out to me about the cover of Prodigy, either; I think it's simple and I like that they stuck with an easy color scheme. I don't like how they handled the silver font in conjunction with the rest of the cover, but besides that, I like it.

I love, however, how they handled the symbol between the first book and the second book. I haven't read them, but I can't help but think it reflects a degenerating society - going from sleek and contained to an awesome spray-painted bird. And given the lack of any kind of attempts to follow a trend, I'm going to assume it is -- and for that, they get mad props from me.

What do you think?