Postcard For Reader

Friday Fronts - Across the Universe

When Borders was closing I went back and forth and back and forth over whether or not I wanted to grab the last copy they had of Beth Revis' Across the Universe. Despite the fact that it was still a bit pricey, I went for it.

Then I procrastinated reading it for a year.

Then I read it a few weeks ago, and the cover jacket fell off, and holy hell it's a double-sided cover. The cover would be flipped around and twisted in case the bookstore didn't think the original cover was marketable enough for boys.

Original cover is on the left; flipped cover is on the right.

I just thought the idea of having double covers is amazing, plus it doesn't let the other side go to waste, PLUS you get a super-cool map of the ship! And the original cover is actually pretty enough (though a bit creepy with the two faces) that I like both of them.

What do you think of both covers? Do you like the double-sided cover idea?