Postcard For Reader

WORD visits New York ComicCon

Yesterday I had the pleasure of swinging into New York ComicCon with Julia and some of our friends! (You can see them all above.) Unfortunately, between my boyfriend's panic attacks and her boyfriend's busted knee, I didn't stay too long; I brought them home so that they could start feeling better.

This means I missed the Firefly panel (psh, like I would've gotten in anyway), the Ladies Who Steam panel and the Tamora Pierce panel. Le sigh!

However, I had a LOT of fun while I was there. I ran into Julie from Bloggers Heart Books for a few seconds - lines, lines everywhere! - and spent a bit too much time trying to figure out if I could steal the Alexia Tarabotti cardboard cutout.

Luckily, I still had time to shop - I picked myself up a Daenerys poster as well as a present for Julia - and take lots of pictures. I even got to commission a portrait of my boyfriend as a white mage!

Sexier, scruffier Harry Potter? Oh yes.
The best part?

I have a Tumblr-follower exclusive giveaway - lots of Beautiful Creatures swag! Click on over to enter.