Postcard For Reader

Recommendation: Books & Video Games

Dating a gamer has it's perks; I've had the chance to try out a whole slew of video games this past semester. And what do you know? Some of them pair up really well with books!

I compared "Journey" to Vessel in my initial review; the game and the book seem to share the same world and ideals and absolutely stunning imagery. While the book is more detailed in terms of character development and such, the game is a one-hour play that will leave you in awe.
I keep affectionately describing "FTL" as "Firefly" reversed; Across the Universe, which holds many "Firefly"-esque elements, is a perfect match for it. Both involve spaceships soaring across the sky trying to get to their ultimate destination - and both are many fun.
I haven't had the chance to play "Assassin's Creed" myself, but I've watched my brother play through all three of them and the game style and plots remind me a lot of the mischief Widdershins gets herself into in Thief's Covenant.

I have a few other recommendations, of course - anybody who likes dragon books will like "Divinity II" and "Skyrim," while Harry Potter fans will love Harry Potter Lego. But those are the three that are best paired with books.

What are some of your favorite games?