Postcard For Reader

The switch from Google Reader - or, where are you gonna go?

By now you've heard of the very dramatic death of the Google Reader. The lovely little button on my sidebar that tracks how many of you follow me via Google Reader will disappear in July - because that subscription option will be disappearing!

"Oh no," you cry, tears welling in your eyes. "How can I subscribe to WORD now!?"

Do not fear, dear WORDite. There are other options!

I've always had a direct email subscription and a direct RSS feed via Feedburner available; you can continue to subscribe there, as well as following me on Twitter and Facebook and all that jazz.

"But - but I want your posts with everything else," you moan, clutching your e-reader to your chest.

It's okay!

My personal choice for those looking for a new place to change their reader is Feedly, a Firefox extension that's also available as an app. It will shift your Google list directly into their feed and it's also a really pretty app.

But if you're not interested in that, Parajunkee and Radiant Shadows have created lists of other alternatives, and Data Liberation teaches how to manually take all of your stuff off of Google Reader.

Let me know where you guys move to! I'm curious to see where everybody will be.