Postcard For Reader

The Twilight Movie

Warning: Rant Ahead
Headaches, thoughts, the urge to rant, and insanity can be caused by reading this rant. You have been warned.

I love movies almost as much as I love books. When a book is made into a movie, it's great. Really, it is.

The Harry Potter movies are proof of what can happen if the right people take the book and turn it into a movie. With the exception of this last one, which was missing some important details, the director kept true to the story line and brought in all the elements and important parts of the books. They cast perfectly and the special effects were amazing.

However, when the Eragon movie came about, I was severely disappointed. The special effects were amazing, and they cast well - but that is the only good things I can say about the movie. They were missing over twenty five important features (yes, my friends and I sat there and counted). The gedwey insignia wasn't formed correctly - it looked like a demented 'e' - and time passed very quickly. I didn't feel the movie like I felt the book.

With that in mind, I've been nervously keeping up to date with the casting of the Twilight movie. I'm a bit nervous about the casting of Edward. Robert Pattinson can play Edward, but his appearance doesn't pull it off for me. Somebody needs to wax his eyebrows before filming starts. Kristin Stewart as Bella is so very close to perfection. She can certainly play the part, and she fills Bella's appearance - to an extent. She's far too pretty to play Bella, in my opinion.

The rest of the cast is either perfect or far off. I'm aware that they're combining the roles of Tyler Crowley and Eric Yorkie. However, I wasn't aware either of them fell under the category of 'Chinese'. They cast Justin Chon as Eric, and though he can play it, he doesn't look it.

Anna Kendrick, who plays Jessica Stanley, looks more like Angela to me than anybody else. However, since she's been cast, I can't change it. I can only hope she'll play Jessica as Jessica should be played.

Cam Gigadent is playing James, and I have no qualms about that. The only thing I might be bothered by later is that James is supposed to be plain-looking, and Cam is very good looking in the 'bad boy' way.

Peter Facinelli is playing Carlisle, and I'm having huge problems with his appearance. He looks more like I pictured Aro than Carlisle. I'm sure they'll fix it, and he should play the part well, but it just throws me off of his character.

Nikki Reed is playing Rosalie. I have no problem with her acting, but Rosalie is supposed to be one of the most beautiful creatures to grace the planet, so to speak. Nikki's pretty, but she's not drop dead gorgeous. She might look prettier with the pure white skin and blonde hair and amber eyes, but who knows?

The only characters that I haven't found any problems with are those playing Esme Cullen (Elizabeth Reaser), Mike Newton (Michael Welch), Alice Cullen (Ashley Greene), Jasper (Jackson Rathbone) and Victoria (Rachelle Lefevere). All of them can play the part along with looking it.

The only thing to do is wait to see until the movie comes out and hope that they don't mess anything up.

My rant is over. I hope you still have some of your sanity...

~Nicole