Postcard For Reader

Blood Promise

Blood Promise
Author: Richelle Mead
Series: Vampire Academy (#4)
Previous VA Novels: Vampire Academy; Frostbite; Shadow Kiss
Publisher: Penguin Group
How Received: publisher

Release Date: 25 August 2009

How far will Rose go to keep her promise? The recent Strigoi attack at St. Vladimir's Academy was the deadliest ever in the school's history, claiming the lives of Moroi students, teachers, and guardians alike. Even worse, the Strigoi took some of their victims with them. . . including Dimitri. He'd rather die than be one of them, and now Rose must abandon her best friend, Lissa—the one she has sworn to protect no matter what—and keep the promise Dimitri begged her to make long ago. But with everything at stake, how can she possibly destroy the person she loves most?
Buy | Borrow | Brush Off
Oh, I was SO excited when I got this and hoped the book would live up to the expectations the other three had set. Richelle Mead doesn't disappoint in the newest Vampire Academy novel, presenting another fast paced and exciting novel.

I was a bit hesitant at first, because many new characters are presented - Sydney, an Alchemist, Dimitri's dhampir family, Avery, a Moroi, and various other new characters. However, Richelle pulls everything together seamlessly, each of the characters flowing easily into their necessary place in the story.

I won't tell you what happens when Rose and Dimitri finally meet. That's one spoiler you're not getting out of this girl. What I will tell you - I didn't expect Rose to do what she did to/with Strigoi Dimitri quite as easily as she did.

Mad props to Richelle for managing to keep Lissa tied into this whole novel - giving her her own plot line that tied in so well to Rose's. Though Rose has always been my favorite female VA character, I loved being able to still see what was happening to Lissa and what happened with her spirit power.

Am I looking forward to the next one? Two words:

Hell yeah.

Overall Rating: 10/10. As if that wasn't painfully obvious.
Shiver, Catching Fire, or Blood Promise?: Why am I comparing a werewolf novel, a futuristic novel, and a vampire novel? All three are in the running for winning my favorite book of 2009. Which is best?

Well... you'll just have to wait until the end of 2009 to see which I pick.