Postcard For Reader

Final Friday Interview -- Lisa Mantchev

The Faeries, Mermaids, & Ghosts
along with
Rabid Unicorn, Co.
Are Proud To Present
An Interview With Lisa Mantchev
Starring:
Nicole
Lisa Mantchev, author of Eyes Like Stars

We all know how much I adored Lisa Mantchev's Eyes Like Stars, and it's no secret that I adore Lisa just as much. Funny? You bet. Original? Of course. Awesome? Duh. [review of ELS]

N: 'ello, Lisa! Eyes Like Stars is full of fun and interesting characters. Which one is your favorite?

L: That varies by day and what I'm trying to do with the current work-in-progress. Today, it's all about Bertie, because I get to pick her hair color for Book 3. *L*

N: I do love Bertie, though the faeries are pretty high up on my list. Speaking of chaos causing creatures, what is your zombie apocalypse plan?

L: We live pretty far out in the boondocks, so we'd hole up in the house and keep an eye on the driveway, because I don't think the zombies can shamble through the forest. Also, dynamite. Lots of dynamite.

N: Don't let the faeries touch the dynamite... Now, in order to write Eyes Like Stars, you had to have a substantial knowledge of plays. Which play is your favorite?

L: Tricky, tricky, tricky... today, I'm thinking it's Phantom of the Opera, but instead of the stage play, that bit of the movie when Gerard Butler is singing "Past the Point of No Return" dressed as Don Juan. Then I shove Christine off the catwalk and kiss him muchly.

Er... Did I just say that out loud?

N: *laugh* I'm not a fan of Phantom myself, but Gerard makes anything amazing. If you could star in any play, which play would it be and who would you play?

L: I would love to play Katharina in Taming of the Shrew again (I played her for a few scenes in my high school senior English class.)

N: Ah, high scho-quick, write me a haiku.
L:
It is the morning
I need more coffee to live
And not slap someone

N: Ew, coffee. Beatrice loves her theater. What would be your perfect home?

L: One that would clean itself. Seriously. I want a house that you can lock up like a self-cleaning oven.

N: I believe that Disney made a movie like that once. The house turned on it's owners...
N: If I was Beatrice, I would pick Ariel myself, though I love Nate - but who do you prefer, Nate or Ariel?

L: Both, for entirely different reasons. Ariel is ethereal and maddening and it's hard to tell just why he does what he does. Nate is caring and steadfast and stubborn and just bossy enough to make a girl swoon instead of clipping him in the jaw.

N: Agreed. Now, let us review. What is the best way to get glitter from faeries, oh Glitter Queen?

L: Trade cupcakes for it!

N: And if you want emo glitter, feed faeries broccoli. They hate broccoli.
N: BONUS HALLOWEEN QUESTION! What's your favorite candy?

L: I adore the dark chocolate-covered caramels from Trader Joe's. *argledrooool*

*wipes off drool* Thanks for stopping by, Lisa! You rock.

Don't forget to enter the two contests I've got going on here - they end tomorrow night!