Postcard For Reader

How Lucky I Am

I've just realized how lucky I am to live where I do, and how lucky I am to work where I do.

The library that I work at does not have a banned books list. We do not have a board that has to approve each and every book we decide to order. If a book is requested, it gets ordered, no questions asked. The librarians love the library and what they do. We hold event after event free of charge, or only a small fee, for the public. We're connected to all of the other libraries in the county so that if we don't have something, we can get another library to send it over to us.

Libraries, if you ever need an example of what to be - look to us.

I live three hours away from New York City and one of the biggest bookstores in the world. Within fifteen minutes of my house are four different bookstores, and within a half hour are seven. Three libraries, not including the one I work at, are also within a half hour span. My school library has a wonderfully large collection of literature.

There are tons of book nerds around.

Thank you, oh wonderful town.

~ Nicole