Postcard For Reader

NaNoWriMo

I signed up for NaNoWriMo yesterday. [my profile]

Don't know what NaNoWriMo is?

NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month. Essentially, you set your own goal and every day in November, you write a little bit until you achieve that goal. You pledge online [link] and become involved in a community of writers and wannabe writers whose goals are to finish - or at least work on - their novels during November.

I need an incentive to write, or else I'll just jot down random scenes and ideas I like and never commit to a plot. Granted, I have a million plots in mah head - but none of them have ever been fleshed out and fully developed, with history for whatever characters and society I'm doing.

I, myself, am a fantasy writer. No matter what I try to write, I always get back to something fantastical happening - magic, vampires, dragons. My imagination always expands in that direction. The story I'm going to work on during NaNoWriMo involves magic.

Because, you know, magic rocks.

So if you want to write a novel, give NaNoWriMo a shot. Who knows - by the time December rolls round, you might have a novel done.

~Nicole