Postcard For Reader

Random Meme

I saw this over at Bites the other day and just /had/ to do it.

Rules: No two answers can be the same book. All books must be fiction.

1. Book next to your bed right now: Actually, my tiny non fiction bookcase is the bookcase next to my bed. But the closest fiction book would then be L.A. Meyer's Bloody Jack.

2. Favorite series: I'd use Bloody Jack, but I already used that. The Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger.

3. Favorite book: I've already used Bloody Jack. I've already used Soulless. Damn it. I'm shunning this question.

4. The one book you would have with you if stranded on a desert island: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

5. Book/series you would take with you on a long flight: If I'm flying, I'd want something familiar, so let's go with any one of the Harry Potter books.

6. Worst book you were made to read in school: None of them were actually horrible so far...

7. Book that everyone should be made to read in school: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - after my Gatsby project in junior year, it becomes a masterpiece. Is Daisy really weak, or a vixen?

8. Book that everyone should read, period: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. My favorite classic.

9. Favorite character: I'm breaking the rules. Jacky Faber from the Bloody Jack series.

10. Best villain: Voldemort. Duh.

11. Favorite concept series: "... a concept book doesn't have characters, dialogue or plot. Since I like some substance in my books, and I'm not a fan of the literary genre, I don't have an answer for this one, especially since the definition of a concept book varies from person to person."

12. Favorite invented world: Wicked by Gregory Maguire

13. Most beautifully written book: Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson

14. Funniest book: The Queen Geek Social Club by Laura Preble

That is all.