Postcard For Reader

Reading Habits Meme

Reading Habits is a meme going around the blogosphere right now. So, of course, I had to do it.

Do you snack while you read? If so, favourite reading snack:
It depends on the time of day, but not usually.

What is your favourite drink while reading?
Hot chocolate or tea. Classic.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
Sticky notes are god.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
I used to dog ear all the time. Now it's a bookmark... or homework... or leaving it open... or a shoe... whatever's closest.
And yes. I HAVE used a shoe before.

Fiction, non-fiction, or both?
Fiction. Who wants this world when you can be in somebody else's?

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of a chapter, or can you stop anywhere?
I need to read to the end of something - a paragraph, a page. I prefer end of chapter.

Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you?
Nope. I talk. And yell. And confuse those around me.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away?
I just ignore it and keep reading. Usually I can figure it out.

What are you currently reading?
The Alchemyst by Michael Scott - I think - and Lady of the Forest by Jennifer Roberson

What is the last book you bought?
Online, The Thief's Mistress by Gayle Feyrner. In person, The Iron King by Julie Kagawa.

Are you the type of person that reads one book at a time, or can you read more than one?
Multiple, though I prefer to read one at a time.

Do you have a favourite time/place to read?
Whevever whenever. But I love my bed. And hot cocoa.

Do you prefer series books or stand alones?
I love both, though I tend to read more series.

Is there a specific book or author you find yourself recommending over and over?
The Hunger Games, Soulless, Bloody Jack are my three default recommendations to everybody ever.

How do you organize your books? (by genre, title, author's last name, etc.)
Right now, it's by however-they-fit-best-on-my-shelf. But they're normally in alphabetical order by author's last name, then in series order, or alphabetical order if they're stand alone books...

Did you do this meme? Leave a comment with the link - I wanna see!