Postcard For Reader

Birthday Bash: Liz on Role Models

Soooooo... Hi there. Miss Nicki O'Blogger has asked me to do a post for you all in honor of her spiffy eighteenth birthday. Yes, that's right peeps.

Eighteenth. She's an ADULT now. That means you guys now can look to this awesome book-reading, future-famous-author, harry-potter-richard-armitage-dragon-steampunk-loving person as a ROLE MODEL. And you SHOULD. Why? You don't need reason. She is a reason. If all the years that WORD has been gracing the internet and the blog-o-sphere haven't proved to you that this person isn't worthy of that title, than you just FAIL. Sorry.

I have known this person for six years, but I have never met her. I have probably written more things to her, than I have written on all my school projects (which is a lot) combined. She is the only friend I've ever cried with, ever told my secrets too, and the only friend that I trust with all of that. She is a beautiful person on the outside, and more importantly, on the inside. I am proud to call her my friend, and thrilled that she calls me her friend. Okay, okay, you're probably thinking, 'awww, that's cool'. But what makes her that special? She knows how to have fun, she knows how to support. She is unique in her own style, and doesn't let anybody change her. (That's a really awesome respectable quality, you know. People tend to over look that.) She's also kind hearted, but passionate. She'll let you know what she loves, hates, and what she doesn't care about. You have to be the person to not be offended by that, as I have learned, because she means no harm by it. It's just who she is, and she doesn't change that for anybody. This person has also gone through many trials and tragedies, and she still comes out on top. All these qualities and more, I believe, make a wonderful role model.
This also includes books.

Remember that, person-who-is-reading-this, that your role model MUST. LOVE. BOOKS. I don't know any other friend of mine that loves books as much as her, and I personally don't understand anybody who wouldn't. But when Nicki becomes an author, and if I hear one person say that they hate books, I shall come down upon them like the wrath of God. Because, to say they hate books would be to say they hate the authors, and to say they hate authors, would be to say they hate Nicki. NOBODY hates her. Not without facing me.

Now, that brings me back to the title of Role Model. You guys should look upon her as one of the most awesome Role Models out there...because if you don't, you'll have to face me. And my Sporks. AND you will go through life missing out on this fantastic person.

So, Nicole Elise the First. I wish you a very, very, happy 18th birthday and I hope it's one to remember. I love you, Nicki, and so many people out here love you too. Don't ever forget that.

I think this is an appropriate post for Thanskgiving, as Liz just made me cry.

I'm thankful for my friends.

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody.