Postcard For Reader

Movie Adaptions: The Thief Lord

The Thief Lord was required reading for me when I was in middle school, so when I saw that there had been a movie made of it - even if it WAS long ago - I HAD to sit down and watch it. I loved the movie adaption of Inkeart, Cornelia Funke's other bestselling novel, and so I thought I'd give this one a go.

Prosper and Bo are orphans on the run from their cruel aunt and uncle. The brothers decide to hide out in Venice, where they meet a mysterious character who calls himself the "Thief Lord." Brilliant and charismatic, the Thief Lord leads a ring of street children who dabble in petty crimes. Prosper and Bo relish being part of this colorful new family. But the Thief Lord has secrets of his own.

If you're in the mood for a cute children's movie, I'd recommend it - it's overall very well done, and there are some definite moments that I giggled. One of my favorite things about it is that I can watch it with younger siblings and still get a bit of a kick out of it.

Have any of you seen it? Read the book?