Postcard For Reader

The Iron Daughter

The Iron Daughter
Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: The Iron Fey (#2)
Publisher: HarlequinTeen
How Received: publisher ARC

Click here to read Nicole's review of The Iron King.

Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.

Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.
Buy | Borrow | Brush Off
Minor spoilers for the book throughout, with a major spoiler at the end. You're warned in giant red words. Just saying.

I love this series; I really do. (I wouldn't spend so much time promoting it if I didn't.) This plot in this one was much weaker than the plot of The Iron King; it's quite easy to figure out what Meghan is becoming.

Regardless of that, I still loved The Iron Daughter. It's a very character driven book, and I love nearly all the characters. (Meghan annoys me. A lot. Mainly because she's so god damned weak when it comes to controlling her emotions, especially when it comes to Ash.)

Yes, I'm Team Puck. But that doesn't mean I don't like Ash; it just means I like Puck MORE. I pitied Ash a lot during this book. He had to go through a helluva lot, and even though he was a complete and utter moron at the beginning, he pulled out strong by the end of the book. Puck was Puck - glorious and funny and protective and Ash's best friend and worst enemy and fantastic and god I love this character. [minor spoiler] Ironhorse kicked ass. I like Ironhorse.[/minor spoiler] And Grimalkin, as usual, was superfantasmagoricallyamazing. I want an action figure Grim that spouts out snarky things when I squeeze it.

One of my favorite parts of The Iron Daughter is that the side characters and villains are awesome. Mab kicks ass - I'm kind of afraid of her, actually - and Leanansidhe (don't ever ask me to spell her name again) was quite interesting to read about.

Overall Rating & Final Comments: 9/10. Though the plot in this one is predictable, this is a series that you want to keep reading over and over again - it's just that good.