Postcard For Reader

Thoughts On: Various Movie Casting

There's been lots of book to movie casting lately. For instance, Jace in The Mortal Instruments was cast. I'm not a fan of the series, so that's irrelevant to me and my thoughts. (It's Jamie Campbell Bower, for those of you who are interested.)

But these interest me.

Saoirse Ronan as Melanie (The Host)

I liked The Host, and Saoirse is a fantastic actress. I have no opinions on this besides two thumbs up and an excitement to see the movie.

Taylor Lautner as Finn (Incarceron)

I don't love Incarceron, but I enjoy it enough to be excited for a movie adaption. It was bound to be really cool and stuff and now I think it's going to pull an Eragon - it will do really well in some aspects, and in others just... fail.

Eragon had great casting and great special effects, but the plot failed. I feel like the great special effects will carry over, and some of the casting will be good, but for the most part it will fail - and I don't think they'll be able to carry the plot over very well, just based on Taylor's acting chops. (Let's face it; to say he's the best of the Twilight group isn't saying much, and have you seen him in some other roles? Nope, not impressed. But he is nice eye candy.)

However, good job at getting tweenies to the movie, casting director.

Emma Watson as Sam (Perks Of Being A Wallflower)

Intense book. But if Emma Watson is in it, I will watch it. I'm excited to see how she does in such a different role/different movie mood-setting-whatever from most other thing she's played thus far.

What do you think, readers?