Postcard For Reader

Book Trailers (8)

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Oh sweet Oz. If it weren't for the Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children trailer, this would rank as the best book trailer I've seen yet.

Everything about it - yes, even the voiceover - is bloody fantastic. I love love love the music, the shots, everything.

Did there have to be so much naked boy, though? (Not that I don't appreciate it; I just don't like my trailers focusing on it.)

The Iron Knight by Julia Kagawa

We're not going to talk about how many times I watched this trailer. It's unhealthy. Especially as I'm not even on the team the bloody book is about.

However, I do adore it. The mixture of photography and text and video works really well, and the casting for the characters was PERFECT. (By perfect, I mean DAMN, that Puck looks just like Puck should look. Mischievous and cheeky and just almost elflike.)

Also GRIM! THE IRON HORSE WHOSE NAME I NEVER REMEMBER! (I'm such a bad fan.) AJFLKDJLKDJSFKLDK.

Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon

I like the dramatic music.
That's about all I like.

The cheesy, dramatic text; the lack of video or even various pictures: nothing about this makes me want to read the book. This is NOT what you want in a book trailer; you at least want to make people curious! Either put something spectacular out or don't put it out at all.

What do you guys think of the trailers?