Postcard For Reader

You may not have heard of this book, but you really should have.

I hate when I read a book and really love it...and no one else has heard of it, and the author is obviously going through rough times because the book isn't selling as well as it should be.

So I decided to use the power of WORD for good instead of evil, and give those books some much-needed exposure.

The Rise of Renegade X by Chelsea Campbell

Oh, man, I have so much love for this book. It's original, hilarious, and just completely awesome. One of my very favorite books, as well as two of my closest friends (one who's a 19 year old guy, and one who's a 15 year old girl. See! Everyone can enjoy it!).

A Blue So Dark by Holly Schindler

I feel like the blogoverse kind of forgot about this one a few months after it's release, which is a shame because--while I know not everyone did--I really enjoyed Schindler's debut. Her writing is exquisite and this is such a powerful, unique story.

Pink by Lili Wilkinson

I'm pretty sure this novel's more popular in Australia, but I feel like it hasn't yet gotten the recognition it deserves in the states. Wilkinson's book is full of heart, humor, and a lot of classic coming-of-age story lines, but with a twist. Another of my favorites.

Girl In The Arena by Lise Haines

Another book that everyone forgot about! Ignore the Hunger Games-esque title and comparison to it on the cover, Girl In The Arena is a book all it's own. (And if I can't convince you to read it, check out the book trailer. They sing about it.)

The Absolute Value of -1 by Steve Brezenoff

Brezenoff's writing is fantastic, plain and simple, and he has a way of making you love characters even when you don't know why. I haven't read his newest release, Brooklyn, Burning yet, but there's no doubt in my mind that I'll thoroughly enjoy it, just as I did -1.

The Glass Maker's Daughter by V. Briceland

This was such a cool, fun fantasy. The genre's usually a hit-or-miss for me, but this under-appreciated novel was definitely a hit. I need to make time to read the sequel, asap.

Jessica's the homeschooled blogger behind Shut Up! I'm Reading, which she started when she was thirteen and has been running for two years. She has aspirations of becoming a writer when she "grows up" but aside from writing and reading, she enjoys music, bad movies, and hanging out with her (few) friends. You can follow her on Twitter at @shutupimreading if you so desire.