Postcard For Reader

Debut December Guest Post: Kristi from The Story

First off, thanks so much Nicole for letting me stop by! It’s so great to see all these debuts! 2012 is going to be a FABULOUS year!

I love debut novels. Love, love, love them!

That’s why I took over the Debut Author Challenge from a fellow blogger. I was a participant in the challenge before I was the host. I was lucky enough to be able to take over the challenge after that first year and I haven’t looked back!

I have my favorite authors. You know... the ones that I’ve been reading for years and I’ll probably always read their books.

On the flip-side, I absolutely love discovering a new author and falling in love with their books. I think a lot of readers feel that way and that’s why I wanted to continue promoting debut authors and why ultimately I go so crazy with the Debut Author Challenge. Thankfully I do have some help this year!

I’m going to plug the challenge just a few more times here! If you haven’t signed up yet, you should! There are over 650 readers participating! And I’m hoping this year will be the best so far. If you want to sign up, you can do so here.

Debut books are an overwhelming presence on my reading pile. This year so far alone, I’ve read 58! I’m hoping to get a few more before the first of the year. There is something about the unknown that makes a debut a little more exciting than all the other books on the shelf.

This year, I’m particularly excited for... well... honestly almost all of them.

What 2012 debuts are you dying for?