Postcard For Reader

Book Trailers (10)

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Now, I didn't like Cinder as a book, as much as I loved the world and most of the characters. I like the book trailer for the most part. I can't help but think that it would have done so much better with just the visuals and maybe some epic music rather than explaining the whole plot in a voice-over. It would still make me want to go look up the book and read it, but the voice-over adds a bit of a cheesy affect to it all.

The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe

Normally I'm not a fan of book trailers that heavily feature text; this one manages to incorporate it really well, and I liked it. It made me curious enough to look up he book (though I still have little interest in reading it at the moment). I wish there had been more dynamic images near the end, though.

Harbringer by Sara Wilson Etienne

Not gonna lie - I LOVE this trailer. It's a lot longer than most trailers, but it's nearly flawless; the music, the voice-over, the images, the opening scene, it's all done right.

The ONLY thing I wish they had done was leave out the bit about Cal - it seemed off compared to the rest of the trailer and it was a jarring jump from dynamic action to romantic moment to dynamic action. It would have been just as epic, maybe more so, without that moment. Even the voice-over at that part seems out of context.

Which one do you like best? What would you change?