Postcard For Reader

Nicole's Bookcase Tour

I asked, and y'all wanted a bookcase tour, so here it is! I borrowed my sister's camera rather than try and do it with my crappy webcam/cell camera, so it's actually a decent quality!

For those of you too lazy to watch the video - or who did and want to creep better on all of my bookcases - here are some pics:

Brown bookcase:

Other brown bookcase:

Big white bookcase:

Pretend bookcase:

Now, for somebody that has 3.5 bookcases, I don't seem to own a lot of books, especially compared to other bloggers. (I own roughly 300 books.) I'm a big fan of purging my bookshelves - if I finish a book and I don't think I'll reread it, I put it to the side and try to find it a new home. I'd rather have my books loved than sitting and collecting dust, ya know? Some I give to my sister/my friends/my sister's friends. Some end up at the local exchange bookstore (you can trade in books for credit to buy other books!) and some end up being donated to the library. Some I just give away, like the giant box of ARCs I just got rid of or the 100 or so books I got rid of this past summer. It also helps keep my room clean.

Do you like my organization system? (I hate doublestacking!) How do you keep your books organized?