Postcard For Reader

Book Trailers (15)

I don't know why I need to introduce the post. The title says it all.

The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour

I actually think this video is really adorable except for the fact that you can't read any of the text. This would be the only time I'd say keep text in the video and, you know, give it it's own quick screenshot. Because I can't read it over the video! Then it might be kind of cute.

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

... wasn't this same girl used in another HarperTeen video recently? Hmm.

But while it does well with making video, the video is too long. I like my forty-second ones the best. It spells out most of the story while not making it dynamic enough to really be interested in it. (And again, text text text! Forcing to read in a book trailer breaks the kind of tension you're going for by making a trailer to begin with.)

What do you think of these two?