Postcard For Reader

Thoughts On: The Immortal Rules cover

Originally this was just gonna be a normal Friday Fronts cover where I pick apart why I can't stand The Immortal Rules cover, despite liking the book.

But then, the more I looked, the more I found I didn't like it.

I've created a handy chart to help explain why.

On top of that, the color scheme and overall layout is basically the same as every other paranormal out there -- you've got your dark colors, usually blue and black, with a girl doing something passive on the cover.

Seriously?

Allie's a badass hero, and the book is really good, especially among the giant slew of vampire novels out right now. So instead of trying to stand out and reflect the book, you're going to give it a cover that'll make it blend in?

Trends are nice, but sticking out on the shelf is better.

Next time, try something like these, quickly designed by me. They could undoubtedly be better, because again, I do not have Photoshop and am limited to the small selection of photos presented to me by Google, but I still like them better than the ones above. You have your crying, you have your title, but you get rid of so much of the unnecessary stuff and actually give me a model that looks like the heroine.

What do you guys think of the original cover? Does it annoy you as much as it does me? Do you prefer the kind of cover I drafted up or something along the lines of the original?