Postcard For Reader

Into the Wild

Into the Wild
Author: Erin Hunter
Series: Warriors (#1)
Publisher: HarperCollins
How Received: own

For generations, four Clans of wild cats have shared the forest according to the laws laid down by their warrior ancestors. But the ThunderClan cats are in grave danger, and the sinister ShadowClan grows stronger every day. Noble warriors are dying-- and some deaths are more mysterious than others. In the midst of this turmoil appears an ordinary house cat named Rusty... who may turn out to be the bravest warrior of them all.

Every now and then, I lose my reading mojo. I lost it bad at the end of last semester and dawdled on my to-read list during my break and finally got it back after rereading Into the Wild.

Now, Into the Wild isn't a YA novel, nor is it one of the genres I normally review - after all, animals as the main characters don't pop up enough for me to really take a look at it.

But I really love this series and since I never reviewed it the first few times reading it, I thought - well, why not?

Now, the writing isn't *zomgAMAZING*. It is, after all, both middle grade and featuring cats. But the world and the story itself are fascinating and fun to read; Hunter does an excellent job at creating a world that isn't stark black-and-white, where the villains are also friends, and where you actually don't know what's going to happen from one moment to the next.

Well, I did, but I had already read it before.

But it really is an excellent series from start-to-finish; both a quick read and fun-to-read, it's definitely something I'd recommend.

Final Comments: I LOVE this series, so of course I recommend it.

Have you guys read this yet?