Postcard For Reader

B&N Marshalls and Mail - Oh My!

B&N Marshalls and mail - oh my!
B&N Marshalls and mail - oh my!
B&N Marshalls and mail - oh my!

Yes. I have been book shopping. And receiving. Mainly shopping.

I went to Barnes and Noble with Kellyn - it's our default place to hang out, for obvious reasons - and picked up my copy of Gail Carriger's Soulless. It has been put on the Shelf Of Nicki's Favorites. There were a whole bunch of other things I wanted, but I managed to resist buying them and left with only that and an apple juice. (I was thirsty...)

We headed over to Marshall's, where we proceeded to locate the book clearance section. Half of the poor books had been treated super badly - covers ripped off, water damage, random pages bent. One of them was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - how could anybody damage that book!?

I ended up snagging a copy of Erin Hunter's The Quest Begins, the first in her Seekers series, for two bucks, and a copy of The Mysterious Benedict Society for five.

Then I ate two donuts at Dunkin' Donuts - chocolate frosted with sprinkles are my weakness - and Kellyn drove us home. We arrived, and I saw I had mail.

I opened it and-

Now, it's not often I talk about what mail I get on here. I don't participate in the weekly meme; I don't announce when I get things; the only time you see when I got something from a publisher is in a review. But this deserved a special mention...

Okay, the picture is really bad - it was taken with my cell phone - but it's me with an ARC of Lisa Mantchev's Perchance to Dream, the sequel to Eyes Like Stars.

SQUEE. (Kellyn and I actually started bouncing up and down. We LOVED ELS.)

And that, my friends, was my Saturday.

How was your week?