Postcard For Reader

Half Moon Books

Yesterday I went through a list of places I love to shop - and I forgot used bookstores! Eek! How dare I!

Add them to the list, and that leads me to today's post - about yesterday, of course.

I headed up to Kingston yesterday to pick out fabric (at right) for my corset. (For those of you who don't know, I'm wearing a corset to prom. Not like this crazy lady - and thank you Sarah Maclean for this link, I'm still horrified by it - but like a normal person.) If you guys are in NY and want a Renaissance outfit, head on over to Knightly Endeavors. It's a tiny shoppe, but the people are nice and their stuff is excellent.

Anyway, on the way back to the car, I spied an adorable little used book store. Being the bibliophile I am, I grabbed my mother, changed the direction she was walking - and into the bookstore we went.

I love regular bookstores, I do. But there's something about walking into a store that's stacked floor to ceiling with books, with boxes of books lying about, classical music playing in the background... *sigh* I could have stayed for hours.

Especially since the sale this month is two-for-one on fiction books. Yay sales!

The place is called Half Moon Books - just click the link for information on it. I LOVED it, and it's a cute little place. (Crappy cell phone picture!)

The first edition wall and a small magazine rack.

The man behind the counter was one of those cute little old men you always picture hunched over a book - he was really sweet. And they had a HUGE section of first editions that I didn't bother exploring because I knew I would get uber excited over things I couldn't afford.

As it was, I made off with four books for less than twenty bucks -

Not bad, eh? T'was a good day yesterday, it was. Books and corsets... and then pizza and skating.

Life is good.

What cute little bookstores do you go to?