Postcard For Reader

Blogging In Real Life (1)

I've seen a lot of younger bloggers lately, those who want to do things with books or libraries or bookstores, but don't know how to apply things they've learned from blogging in real life. I've seen bloggers who stick to their Internet realm because they don't know how to drag their blogging skills into real life.

So I thought maybe I'd help a little. I mean, my entire college and career choice didn't come until after I had been blogging for three years. And I know a handful of bloggers who have taken their blogging skills and be able to apply them to real life, be it their jobs or their educations or just what they want to do.

But today, I just have a tip for those who want to work with books and have a blog: don't be afraid to put it on your resume.

You blog and review books, often receiving copies from publishers. That's not nothing. It shows you have earned trust from 'official' people, and know how to teach yourself how to do things, and that you understand the internet, and how to network, and you understand the industry - and most of all, that you can be dedicated to something for a long period of time.

Plus, bloggers get to do some cool stuff.

An excerpt from my resume.
Kelly from Stacked has a great post about using blogging as professional experience.

In the next few weeks I'll have at least a few more posts coming up on other bloggers that use blogging in their 'real life' and tips and tricks on how to work it into your life.

Is there anything that you'd be particularly interested in seeing?