Postcard For Reader

Mythopoeic Award Challenge

I was surfing the web and found Foxy Writer -- a blog about fantasy literature and writing run by a lady named Lenneth. She's running the Mythopoeic Award Challenge in celebration of her new domain name!

The challenge is to read seven books from the list of Mythopoeic Award Winners, or from the list of fantasy nominees and scholarship. The contest starts January 1st and ends December 28th. Hmm... seven books with a year span to read it. I think I can accomplish it! =]

"Here are the rules:

  1. Choose seven books from the list of Mythopoeic Award Winners (or nominees, here for fantasy or here for scholarship).
  2. Anything on the list is fair game, fiction or non-fiction.
  3. Post a link to your list in the comments of this post (if you don’t have a website, post your list in the comments.)
  4. Somewhere in your post, link back to this challenge post. (permalink)
  5. Read the books between January 1st, 2008 and December 31st, 2008.
  6. You may start anytime in 2008, but you must finish by the end of December 31st, 2008.
  7. You may combine this challenge with other challenges."

I decided what books I want to read yet -- a lot of them look good, and I've already read a few on the list-- but I'm definitely going to try! My list is on the sidebar. ^-^ [Rules taken directly from Foxy Writer's website]

Happy reading!

~Nicole B.