Postcard For Reader

I Have Brisingr

It was a fight to the death.

The three of us squared off across the library room floor. I faced Keith. Keith faced Alyx. Alyx was laughing too hard to face anybody. And then...

I walked over to the counter and politely asked the librarian if I could take the book out first. Ignoring the groan from Keith and Alyx's suddenly stopped laughter, I grinned at her as she scanned the barcode, stamped it, and handed it back to me...

Yup. In what should have been a fight to the death between my friends and I for my school's copy of Brisingr, the fact that I'm in good with the librarians got it to me first.

See? It does pay to be polite!

Of course, now they're staring at me. They turn to the other...

"She'll give it to me first!"
"I have it on hold already!"
"So? She'll give it to me before she returns it..."

Oh, what monsters I had created...