Postcard For Reader

Friday Fronts - Bloody Jack Week

My Bloody Jack love isn't quite over yet. I am a coverwhore, after all, and every book series has a cover. And where there is love of a book series, there is in depth analysis of it's covers!

Original Covers

These covers have a very classic, pirate-esque feel to them. First off, the paintings are absolutely gorgeous - I would love to have a set of those hanging on my wall! To make it even better, though, each book captures one of the most important scenes in the book. Bloody Jack shows the first time she does something the other boys won't do; Curse of the Blue Tattoo shows the first time she refuses to hide who she is behind a dress; Under the Jolly Roger shows - well, you get the idea.

New Covers

Obviously this isn't all of them; these are just all the ones on Barnes & Noble's website.

I won't say I HATE them - I don't. They're actually not bad covers in themselves (though I hate the font choice.) I don't find the first one appealing at all, from her facial expression to the blue theme. Besides, Jacky's disguising herself as a boy at that time. I do love the Blue Tattoo one - it does a pretty good job at capturing Jacky's personality, though she doesn't ever wear an outfit like that throughout the book. (Including when she strolls through town with Jaimy.) Mississippi Jack is my favorite, by far - it captures her personality PERFECTLY! And Bonny Light Horseman is just eh.

The girl they chose is a pretty good Jacky representation, though I'm curious - where are Jacky's signature scars?

My Winner
I love the originals! Though I'm the Bloody Jack buff that'll go and buy the new ones, just to have them...